![]() |
| Also, I drank one of these between classes. Note to self: this is the drink of Satan. Never, ever again. Barf. |
Besides the pat on the back I gave myself for doing 3 hours of yoga, I also gave myself a high five for my standing back bend. It's another one of those mind postures where you don't think you can go that far back... and then you do. I really think once you release you're entire mind there is not a single posture that is impossible. Easier said than done. But anyway I dropped so far back I could see the carpet behind my ankles! It's a crazy feeling. And beyond awesome. Mike taught the second class and even though I don't play favorites I always want to go to Tuesday night classes if I know he's going to be teaching :). He's so personable and so helpful! Today during a savasana he talked about the importance of keeping your eyes open the entire time you are in class right up until final savasana. In terms of the mental aspects of practice, its so vital that you don't shut your eyes. Mike gave the example of people who shut their eyes and say "i'm in my happy place" during practice. Even though you may feel relaxed picturing yourself on a sandy beach, what you're actually doing is removing your presence from the room. It is so important to be present in class the entire 90 minutes, not thinking about today, tonight, tomorrow, or yesterday. When you're present in class you're able to accept everything you are feeling, and choose to keep it or release it. This carries over to life outside the studio. Be present in your lives!
![]() |
| A Bikram back bend... yowch |


No comments:
Post a Comment