The hot room. I took this after everyone left. It looks like a giant sauna, but that's basically what it is.. Usually there's like 40 people lined up in two rows. The idea is beginners go in the back, advanced in the front. Somehow I always get to class too late and end up in the front, god help me.
Besides the fact that I felt like a sluggish walrus (seriously this is the only way I can describe it) class went well. Still having so much trouble with the balancing postures. I'm ridiculously flexible on the floor and even on 2 legs but the second you ask me to do something on one leg, its all over. But I got to take my beginner's pictures today, drum roll PLEASE~
Phones aren't allowed in the studio during class so while I was waiting for Mindy to come take some pictures for me I took full advantage of the selfie photo-op, of course.
LOL if you aren't laughing you have no sense of humor these are hilarious. But ok in all seriousness from left to right thats rabbit pose (sasangasana), standing bow (dandayamana dhanurasana), and standing head to knee (dandayamana janushirasana). Say those names 10 times fast I dare ya
Big thanks to Mindy for staying after class and taking these pictures for me.. and for being sweet enough to say she wishes her rabbit looked more like mine:) I wish you could see my face in rabbit pose though I'm dying laughing because I felt so ridiculous getting photographed like that. Talk about face down. However the other two.. not so good. Its the balancing postures that kill me. The idea with bow is to kick your foot high enough that your leg is almost straight (foot over head in the mirror) with your torso parallel to the floor... Yeah. Get back to me in 27 days on that one. And in head-to-knee your head is supposed to be on your knee. This is actually the first time I've ever even gotten my legs locked in head-to-knee so hopefully making some progress there, even if my head is nowhere near my knee.
Also, I wanted to say thanks for everyone who's supporting me through this! If you read these posts, you're awesome, or even if you put up with my twitter and instagram posts about it you're equally as awesome. If anyone ever wants to try yoga and come with me to a class, let me know!!





No comments:
Post a Comment